We’re looking for creative, intelligent, and caring humans to help us build something special – a creative project that’s never been seen before.
We’re a pioneering sci-fi and fantasy production house based in Los Angeles, California that creates fictional worlds that connect diverse writers and inspired creatives from different countries, backgrounds, and cultures. Syllble builds these worlds and brings them to life through creative collaborations, content creation, events, and transmedia between a diverse and inclusive collective of voices.
CREATIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
Syllble creative internship program is unpaid and lasts four months. Interns will be fully embedded and entrenched in the PENS DOWN creative production process from start to post-production. The internship will offer direct exposure to Syllble’s production growth, global creators community, mentorship, professional development, engage in content management and development, advertising strategy, partnership and tap into Syllble’s broader creative network and Braintrust.
The internship is fully remote and residence in Los Angeles is not required. Interns have flexible hours with expected time commitment between 10-12 hrs per week.
What we are looking for:
Syllble is seeking a highly motivated intern interested in gaining hands one experience and knowledge in all facets of an innovative production house pushing the boundaries of storytelling. We are looking for someone who is excited and hungry. You care about the world. You believe that science fiction and fantasy storytelling is the greatest platform for change. You are excited to work with diverse minds and creators from around the globe. All we ask is that you come with an exceptional eye for design, a positive and ambitious attitude, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
Interns will be expected to
- Initiate community outreach and creative support for PENS DOWN triannual collaborative production cycle sessions
- Manage platform and creators engagement
- Support development of post-production world pitch document and outreach
- Create and design original campaigns – telling the stories of Syllble science fiction and fantasy writers through Social Media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin), email newsletter and more
- Collaborate with World Showrunners to develop conceptual ideas to promote the world
- Present well thought out creative concepts/ideas to Syllble Team
- Read flash stories of collaborative novel and provide editorial support
- Complete other administrative tasks as needed
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit from your college or university
- Strong academic performance
- Professional, positive attitude, great personality, excellent communication skills, and are ready for creative ideation contribution
- Research skills, highly organized, and pay great attention to detail
- Passion for the arts, literature, science fiction, fantasy, speculative fiction, multimedia, publishing and entertainment
- High level of creativity
- Blogging, SEO, content creation, writing and research skills
- Must be based in the United States, does not have to be based in LA.
- Experience or interest in marketing or public relations (preferred, but not required)
- Experience or interest in graphic design, a big plus if knowledgeable in Canva (preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to be a self-starter (shown through entrepreneurial or leadership experiences in college or work)
- Someone who will strive for creative excellence
Syllble welcomes applications to its internship program on a rolling basis. The application should include: your resume, a cover letter why you would be a good fit and your personal portfolio. Pick one world from the ‘Highlighted Worlds‘ page and design a short campaign on how you would better tell the story of the world and its creators. Send all materials to Productionhouse@syllble.com.